The three projects executed as part of the CARES Initiative included:
1. Cumbersome Nature of the Approval Process for Real Estate Projects in Mumbai - its Economic Impact and Solutions
- Conceptualised and published an independent 28-page real estate research paper after a 4- month research.
- Worked under Mr. Vipul Shah, Senior Advocate, High Court of Bombay and visited various government departments, the High Court of Bombay and family courts
- Reviewed documents of land purchase as well as the sanctions and processes involved.
- Analyzed the economic impact on the Indian economy due to the delay in procuring approvals from government offices
- Suggested solutions to streamline the approval process, with a special emphasis on the single window mechanism.
- Report published in Construction Industry Review and Realty Plus Magazine, leading real estate journals
2. Challenges in Making Mumbai Slum-Free by 2022
- Worked as a Junior Economic Analyst for the Government of Maharashtra on Mumbai’s new slum rehabilitation policy.
- Visited slums in Bhandup, Mumbai to understand problems and issues faced by the slum- dwellers.
- Interviewed government officials responsible for framing the policy.
- Wrote a 12-page project report, highlighting hurdles in the Slum Redevelopment Authority’s effort to make Mumbai slum- free by 2022.
3. Your Right To Information Made Easy - A Layman's Guide to India's RTI Act 2005
- Legal Intern under Mr. Sulaiman Bhimani, Human Rights Activist.
- Filed cases through the Right to Information Act on behalf of concerned citizens to access classified government documents on disputed land dealings.
- Documented case studies in a report, titled 'Case Studies: Empowering Citizens using RTI'.
- Published a handbook - ‘Your Right to Information made Easy'.