1. Conducted an extended essay in economics titled "How has the beef ban in Maharashtra impacted the beef industry in Mumbai?" involving:
- Case study of Al Quresh Enterprises: A retail firm that sells beef and supplies raw materials to leather producers and exporters based in Mumbai.
- Discussed the demand and supply situation in the beef market in the state of Maharashtra.
- Calculated price elasticity of demand and supply (PED and PES), cross-price elasticity of demand (XED) and income elasticity of demand (YED) for bull meat.
- Analyzed the emergence of a black market for beef with the theories of market failure and economic efficiency.
- Evaluated the impact on:
- Ancillary Industries (pharmaceuticals, leather, cosmetics and restaurant industries)
- Foreign Economies (impact on beef exports and imports and the impact of foreign country bans
on Indian beef exports)
- Government (loss of state revenue and the politics of the beef ban)
- Society (negative externalities of the ban)
2. IBDP Mathematics Exploration, The Mathematics of Cooking
- Explored the effect of the shape of cooking ingredients on their rate of cooling
- Analysis leads to better heat preservation in food ingredients and allows cutting of ingredients to be conducted in the most heat efficient manner
- Used Newton's Law of cooling and calculus to measure the relationship between temperature loss and ingredient shape
- Experimentally determined the cooling time for cube-shaped potato cuttings, elliptical-shaped potato cuttings and an uncut potato sample
- Used mathematical modelling to fit a function that most closely resembles the shape of an uncut potato, under defined assumptions
- Calculated surface area of potato cuttings and evaluated the experimental and theoretical results