As part of the reverse mortgage project report compiled at TATA Capital:
1. Defined the following objectives under the guidance of Mr. Rao:
- To gain an exhaustive understanding of the mortgage and reverse mortgage businesses.
- To analyse the applicability of reverse mortgages in the Indian context.
- To study a few products available in the market currently.
- To propose and design a product with the given background.
2. Prepared a series of research questionnaires to gain a further understanding of the market potential of the business including its target audience, base construct and specifications, risks and future prospects.
3. Interviewed branch managers and officers at nationalized banks including the State Bank of India, Central Bank of India and Bank of India.
4. Designed a hybrid product with an analysis of its commercial feasibility (based on an ammortization chart and IRR trends).
5. Documented and presented the report and research findings to the Managing Director, Mr. R Vaithianathan.